Wednesday 17 August 2022

Got a "Kirin ga kuru" doujinshi! Sharing a few pics and impressions!

I'm in the process of acquiring the guide books of Kirin ga kuru-- Even if its conclusion pissed me off, it's one of the few drama that I truly enjoyed watching... So I'm periodically checking the Japanese used shops online for some bargains. Last time, besides the second book, I managed to find a cute doujinshi of the drama and decided to buy to check it out.
In this post I'll share some random impressions about it∼ It's rare to find doujinshi about taiga drama, at least in my experience as an otaku∼ Expecially when it comes to Nobunaga, he is usually portrayed in videogames versions and I'm not extremely fond of those, even if I do own some, just for the sake of completism.
So when "The Kirin came and had Tea" (麒麟が来りて茶でも飲む) popped on my search page I gave it a try and bought it. I received it yesterday, so this is super-fresh material (even if it dates 2021 😆)!
This booklet is a collection of short stories, alternated to cute "cuts" illustrations. The author is urabono (うらぼの) and from what I got, she compiled it with the short mangas that she posted on her Twitter account.

The work is sketched on paper with a simple pencil, it may look quite rough but I like this kind of productions, I'm not bothered as long as the layout conveys the action and the feelings of the characters efficiently.
I found myself quite amused by the touch of this artist, quite expressive, yet precise.

I can't understand much of it as this is handwritten 😆 but I like the cute and slowpaced mood of the stories.
I expecially appreciate how the author mantain a personal style, yet the characters (as the actors) are still quite recognizable and spot-on.

Closing this short post with a cute cut showing the first meeting of Mitsuhide and Nobu in the drama∼
--Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment