Tuesday 24 December 2019

First Nobu visuals from the upcoming Taiga Drama "Kirin ga kuru"

So, I'm keeping an eye on it for a bit, but I was waiting for the first pictures of Shota Sometani sporting Sengoku clothes before giving my first impression-- the official Twitter of the drama delivered a few days ago:
OMG, I just can't make myself to like Sometani as Nobunaga AT ALL T_T !

I just have the impression of a Nobu who's going to be the childish villain type compared to the cool, mature protagonist, but I really hope that's not the case... At some point of history, Mitsuhide decided to serve Nobunaga willingly, so he had to have some good traits after all, right?!
Uff, I just hope that I'm being biased because Sometani is not your typical Nobunaga actor, and both the drama and his character will be up to my standards--

The rest of the cast look pretty cool, though! Here are Nobuhide, Lady Dota and Kichou!
Their actors are, respectively, Katsunori Takahashi, Rei Dan and Haruna Kawaguchi.
While the younger Kawaguchi mostly acted in dramas based on anime and the like, both Takahashi and Dan do sport some jidaigeki roles under their belts: Katsunori Takahashi acted as Fujiwara no Nakamaro in the TV Special Daibutsu Kaigen, and next year he went ad Kuroda Kanbei in the movie Sengoku Shippuden Futari no Gunshi; Rei Dan, from Takarazuka fame, nailed Fujiwara no Tamako in another taiga drama, Taira no Kiyomori.



Anyway, Kirin ga kuru will start airing on January 19, I'll try to watch it so to provide you both a first impression post and a proper review focused on Nobunaga once it'll be over, so look forward to it.

4 comments:

  1. --Meanwhile I found a website where one can watch the drama, in Japanese... I'm not understanding much, but I look forward to Nobu's appearance... Besides Nobu, the cast so far looks excellent :o ! I developed a thing for Dousan, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Everyone in the cast except for Nobu are great. Akechi is great, Hideyoshi is great, Dousan is great, the ladies are great. Even Saitou Yoshitatsu, who is sometimes shown to be an idiot in manga, is amazing. I wonder what made them choose this guy for Nobu. Maybe that actor is really popular? :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mh, looks like he's a decent actor, but my fear is that it's the opposite. Like, showing that all the greatness of Nobu was actually lent from Mitsuhide. In the first episodes, we got, in order,Mitsuhide getting into guns, Mitsuhide travelling to Sakai and Kyoto, and Mitsuhide witnessing the injustice of the monks guarding the borders and the uselessness of the High dignitaries in Kyoto... I really hope that their aim is not to get Nobu overshadowed by Mitsuhide just for the sake of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same. I've seen some story show that Nobu is useless without Akechi, and it's really irritating.
    I'm not fond of the "Akechi amazingest super duper best vassal".

    ReplyDelete