Friday 18 October 2019

Review of the Nobunaga figure by ACI Toys :D

Guys, I can't believe it myself, but a few days ago, the Nobunaga figure by ACI Toys was shipped straight from Hong Kong to my door-- After almost three years of waiting I couldn't believe it myself!
So today I'm going to review the figure for your joy, and make a tiny comparison with its direct rival, the Nobunaga by COOMODEL.

So, let's start with the unboxing!
Here are shots and details of the box:




I really dig that "iron-like" appearance, and I appreciated the infos on the rear of the box, about the staff that worked on the figure, and contact infos for both ACI and Seven stores.
By the way, I bought it directly from Seven, preordering it on their website.

Please note the mention of the original illustrator, Hiroyuki Suwahara of Kessen and Sengoku Musou fame, the real selling point of the figure.
...LOL, also note the "2019" of the release which was cut/pasted x'D

Now, onto the unboxing, we're greeted by a stunning artwork by Suwahara:


The back of the artwork makes a cute background for the figure:

I bought the "Standard Version", so the content is pretty poor:
Here are figure, accessories and the cape.

A first look at the figure:

Here are both sword and dagger:

The sword is a reproduction of the famed Heshikiri Hasebe, while the tantou may be a reproduction of Yagen Toshirou... Not really sure about it.

The other accessory is the cape, which is pretty cool:

It's that kind of fabric that "stays in place" once you pose it, very cool!

So, let's check this boy out!
I was really pissed about the fact that the figure doesn't come with a pedestal but from what I noticed it's actually pretty stable on its own.
As you know, I'm not a fan of KOEI's versions of Nobunaga, but as a rabid collector it was my duty to get this figure, and I must say that I'm pretty satisfied with it, despite being a popular icon rather than a proper historical representation.

Here are a few details of the armor and clothes:



The armor is made in plastic, quite light. The spaulder are fixed to the cuirasse by bits of fabric, so they stay in place despite being still quite movable. The figure is wearing its hakama under the armor, and the way the leg protection is tied to the leg is quite cute.

But, the most incredible bit of the figure is indeed its head.

Sculpted by Dean Tolliver it shows some imperfection of the printing, but that actually gives to its features a "real human" texture which is pretty stunning! (sorry for my poor pics!)

Here is the figure sporting all its accessories!

The cape really is the finishing touch to it!

On a closing note, a little comparison with the other Nobunaga figure that I recently acquired, the one by COOMODEL.
Even if the COOMODEL's figure is a gem on its own, in comparison, the little posability and its heaviness are a bit of a let down. The figure by ACI is way simpler, less elaborate and historically inaccurate, but it's an icon on its own, and it can be considered an actual "action figure" where both COOMODEL's and DID's classify more as musha ningyo for expositive purposes-- So if you ask me a straight preference, I'd say COOMODEL, but because the manufacture is superior and of the historical features. If you ask me about a better toy to play with, I'd say ACI's.

I'm extremely happy with both purchases, though, and I'm a proud little fangirl now that I can show you all of them together ♥

Well, let's hope that a new figure of Nobunaga will be released later in the years, 'cause this pretty much killed my otaku funds this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment