Monday 12 December 2022

First glimpse of Nobunaga's look from upcoming NHK Taiga Drama "Dousuru Ieyasu"

So, a few days ago the Twitter account of Taiga Drama Dousuru Ieyasu shared the first pics of the main cast in costume-- Okada starred in a short promotional video giving us a glimpse of his costume, so I roughly translated what he's saying there, followed by a few extra infos under the cut!
"Everyone from Gifu, I'll be playing Oda Nobunaga in the Taiga Drama Dousuru Ieyasu, I'm Junichi Okada.
"Gifu" is synonymous with Nobunaga, I think everyone likes Nobunaga (and if not) I'll do my best to make it happen through this Taiga Drama.
Playing a role makes one like their hometown, so I hope I'll have the chance to see the places around during the breaks from the shooting --If you met me please be kind.
Ieyasu here is interpreted by Jun Matsumoto, and his meeting with Nobunaga was the worst, in a way that it could be considered a trauma. Although his existence is considered terrifying, he's also a great influence.
If you support the Taiga Drama Dousuru Ieyasu, I would be grateful. Look forward to it!"
Apparently each character is going to "sponsor" some Japanese location featured in the drama; Nobunaga is tied to Gifu, then-- No wonder the original video was shared through the NHK Gifu Broadcasting Station...
I wonder if this will be followed by local merchandising and goods--!

What do you think of this Nobu's depiction? First impression is a bit vapid... Let's see the rendition of the character once in action!
Looks like the Japanese audience is really looking forward to this "January Challenge" between Kimura and Okada as "the best Nobunaga"-- To be honest I'm not really looking forward to The Legend & Buttlerfly, but as long as I'll be fed subs no way I won't watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment