Friday 13 January 2023

"Oda... Nobunaga?!" It's a nightmarish first appearance for Nobunaga in "Dousuru Ieyasu"!

I managed to check the first episode of Dousuru Ieyasu (still RAW, though!) and I found it-- well, interesting. I had some mixed feelings but I got that impression with Kamakura-dono no 13nin too. To be honest I like the audacity to play around with history this way, at least when it comes to fiction.
--I guess I'm getting old!

Anyway, the episode starts with the Battle Of Okehazama and the life of young Ieyasu Motoyasu. As our boy struggles to get hold of the new lifestyle in Mikawa and the battlefield, he's struck with the death of Imagawa, here portrayed as his "benefactor", for a change.

We're suddendly thrown into a nightmarish vision where Nobunaga shows off the scalp (?!) of his enemy while throttling triumpanthly:
He then threw it in front of him, in a gesture filled with ruthless anticipation--!

Iey--Motoyasu in thrown into a panic as he's reminded of the abuses received in his childhood by our guy:

The episode ends on a threatening note:
"Wait for me, Takechiyo∼ My little white rabbit∼"

Well, considering how many bloody episodes involved the relationship between Nobunaga and Ieyasu, there will be many chances to see the two interact, and I look forward to see how things will be interpreted, given the premise.
I'll keep you updated, meanwhile let's hope that some merciful soul would sub these∼

No comments:

Post a Comment