Friday 19 May 2023

NOBUNAGA BIRTHDAY PROJECT ⓶ Okehazama

Going on with my tribute to Nobunaga Birthday event! Every week, from May 12 to June 23, I'll produce an original artwork dedicated to our favourite demon lord!

For this second picture of this serie, I decided to go with Okehazama, an event that in my opinion marked the "Lost of Innocence" of nobunaga, that for the first time had to face a huge external threat.
It's a legendary battle that evokes all kind of feelins and imageries, event contraddictions and contrasts of interpretations... A carefully planned attack? A matter of good luck? Was it all about the skills of the lord, the ability of his armies, the mastery of the locals--?
It's a battle that it's still surrounded by mystery and doubts, and it's still a source of clatter in the community.

Personally, I decided to draw Okehazama mostly because of the current rainy weather... Apparently it was raining in the eve of the battle, too. "Battaglia bagnata, battaglia fortunata", maybe--?

On a parting note, a little "making of" extra!
I was lazy to look for pictures of the armor, so I just used one of my figures as a reference 😅

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment