Friday 12 May 2023

NOBUNAGA BIRTHDAY PROJECT ⓵ Younger Days

Today it's May 12, a day that marks "one" of Nobunaga's birthdays.
Past year, I took my time to celebrate it through some articles dedicated to the character, this year I want to try the "artistic route". I'm getting quite rusty with my traditional art skillz, so I'm trying to sketch something with watercolours and coloured pencils to keep myself "trained" :) I decided to paint some Nobunaga's portraits, then, trying to capture the character during the years or in certain media depictions-- This year challenge is drawing a new Nobu every week, then!

Let's start with a Nobu from his younger days! A popular period of his life when it comes to fans preferences and the funniest to draw for sure!
Nobunaga eating persimmons (yummy!) is one of my favourite themes, this is probably my second portrait of him doing so-- This time I tried a more "realistic" approach, though... Sorry if this is quite rough, but I really felt like experimenting a bit with the medium here--

Looking at him, he looks more like a monkey Hideyoshi rather than a Nobu 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment