Friday 16 June 2023

NOBUNAGA BIRTHDAY PROJECT ⓺ Nobunaga - Daitokuji Ver.

Ah, almost done with this year's celebration of Nobunaga's birthday!

Today I interpreted another famous portrait of Nobunaga:
This is preserved at Daitokuji, and a copy of this painting dating the Edo period could be seen at Soukenji.

Feels so weird drawing these, as I tried to make them look a bit more modern and realistic but at the same time I'm somehow overwhelmed by their iconicity ... So the final result is quite meh 😅
I wonder if someday I'll manage to portray a Nobunaga that looks like him, that looks like the image of him I have in my mind...

Speaking of the painting, this is considered the most realistic portrait of Nobunaga. The author is Eitoku Kano, and the wrinkles around Nobunaga eyes and forehead are quite the novelty.

I'm probably the only one, but I find Nobunaga's eyes quite sweet, here. I wonder if the artist had some fond memories of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment